FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I negotiate on an item?
– In general it's a No.
I do a lot of thinking about pricing my items. Finding and collecting the best and unique examples takes it's time and I cover a lot of ground. That's why most pieces are unique and I think, out of this world.
What payment methods do you accept?
– I accept and prefer Bank Transfer or PayPal. Please inquire for other methods. Credit Cards i.g. can be used if you purchase via 1stdibs.com
Are items available for rent?
– Most of them are. The downside is that I am located in The Netherlands so you decide if it is workable.
Do you accept returns?
– I don't like it. But on some occasions it is possible. Shipping costs, however, are always for the client. Damaged items that left my shop in good condition. must always be claimed with the shipping company and I will be glad to assist you.
Do you also buy items?
– Yes. I'm also a collector. If you ever come across something you think I might like. Don't hesitate to send me a picture and I will come back to you as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that me and my costumers are only interested in rare or unique, mind-blowing items.
Can I ask you to search for something specific?
– Yes. Tell me what you are looking for and I will keep an eye out for you on my travels. Pay me more and I will do what ever it takes to get what you want.
Do I have to pay tax?
– It depends on where you live. Please inquire.
Do you ship anywhere?
– Yes. Although In some cases, countries may have restrictions on some materials that are animal related. If this is the case I will not sell, or ship it to you. But I will be happy to find out for you if this is the case in your country.
How long does it take to ship?
– It all depends on destination and size of the goods. Shipping by boat sometimes is cheaper for large items. But will take longer. Shipping by plane will arrive at your door faster. Some of our items need special crating because of the fragility. So, it can take a few days up to four weeks or more. We mostly use FedEx for our shipping and that gives you a good idea about delivery times.
Can I also pickup my bought piece?
– Off course you can. But make sure to make an appointment first. In order to avoid potential disputes, you or whoever picks it up should carefully inspect your piece to guarantee its condition before it leaves my place. When the item arrives at your place inspect it again and make sure it is in the same condition as before it took off.
Can I arrange my own shipping?
– Off course. In order to avoid potential disputes, a shipper or whoever picks it up should carefully inspect your piece to guarantee its condition before it leaves our workshop of showroom. When the item arrives at your place inspect it again and make sure it is in the same condition as before it took off. Also, be sure to get a clear understanding of the shipping companies insurance coverage and policies if something were to go wrong.
Is the item insured for shipping?
– Insurance is optional. But I really want to advise you to do so.
Can I schedule a delivery date?
– It all depends on the shipping method. White glove delivery is always by appointment. But shipping with other shippers is often more difficult. Get in touch with me and we'll see. Track&Trace gives you a really good idea when an item arrives.
Is the item packed safely for transport?
– Yes. I take great care in packing pieces in the best possible way. When it is a big item I will always add a document on the crate or box that tells you how to unpack the item. Read and follow it very carefully. Doing things in the wrong order can result in damaging the item.